NAMI Was Founded By Volunteers And They Are Still The Heartbeat Of Our Organization!
As a non-profit organization, NAMI North Iowa relies on our team of terrific volunteers to lead our classes and groups, support our office operations, and to raise awareness and funds for our important work.
Volunteer Opportunities With NAMI North Iowa Can Include:
- Newsletter distribution
- Community outreach
- Fundraising support
- Graphic Design and Marketing support
- Teaching classes
- Leading support groups
- Social Media support
We encourage all people interested in volunteering with us to participate in our classes and groups to begin learning about what NAMI North Iowa has to offer.
To start volunteering with us, please fill out the form below.
We accept applications from anyone who supports NAMI North Iowa’s Mission
NAMI North Iowa is a grassroots organization dedicated to assisting all individuals affected by mental illness and the ones who love them through education, support, and advocacy services.
We offer support groups, education opportunities, speaking opportunities, training and events. These services allow us to better serve those in our community who have mental health issues.
1) Complete the online application below or download the NAMI North Iowa Volunteer Application and return it by email or mail.
2) We will review your application.
3) We will contact you to visit about opportunities to help us with our mission.
- We are unable to accommodate volunteers under 18 years of age; except for certain events and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Placement and use of volunteers are at the discretion of the NAMI North Iowa Executive Board.
- Some positions may require training and/or orientation.